I love being an orthodontist. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people, and the friendships that I've built with my patients and their families are one in a million. It has always been my focus to make each patient feel at-home when they come to me for treatment and I work hard to give my patients the attention they deserve.
My education started off at the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!) where I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. After graduation, I went on to study dentistry at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta before entering the United States Air Force as a general dentist. While in the U.S. Air Force, I completed an extra optional year of education called an AEGD (Advanced Education in General Dentistry) at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, CA. This extra year of schooling gave me some great experience in all fields of dentistry and prepared me well for all of the work I would do as a general dentist the next five years at Joint Base Charleston in South Carolina.
Once my service commitment was over to the Air Force, I made the decision to go back to school at The University of North Carolina (Go Heels!) for a 33-month residency and Master's degree program in Orthodontics. While at UNC, I was taught and trained by some of the top orthodontic faculty in the country regarding the latest technology and treatments in the field. I'm excited to serve our community, and am looking forward to meeting you as you undergo your orthodontic treatment.
Commitment to Community
I am truly blessed to live and work in such a wonderful community. I enjoy getting to know my patients and their families, and it is always such an honor to know that I have made a difference in so many of my patients' lives. I couldn't ask for a better job or for better people sharing their smiles with me. I look forward to working with you.
Awards and Honors
University of North Carolina: Department of Orthodontics
- Joseph E. Johnson Clinical Research Award (Accelerated Invisalign)
- Dr. D. Gregory Brooks and Andrew M. Brooks Fellowship
- Masters in Orthodontics
- Dentofacial Deformities Certificate
United States Air Force
- Distinguished Graduate (Commissioned Officer Training)
- Major General Arthur J Sachsel Award (Excellent in Clinical Dentistry)
- Company Grade Officer of the Quarter (Jan - Mar 2012, July –Sept 2013)
- Health Professions Scholarships
Medical College of Georgia: School of Dentistry
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honors Society (OKU)
- Stan Hopkins Memorial Scholarship (Leadership/Community Service)
- Alpha Upsilon Phi Honors and Service Society
- Georgia Dental Association Professionalism Scholarship
- Emile T. Fischer Scholarship (academic)
- Delta Dental Student Leadership Award
- Presidential Scholar
University of Georgia
- Phi Beta kappa Honors Society
- Honors Program
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Outside the Office
I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active with my church, coaching , and playing several sports including: golf, softball, skiing, tennis, and cycling. I also enjoy traveling, watching movies and working on my yard!